Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

feeling hungover

i take gabapentin 300mg, 3 times a day, also take 1 celebrex, and nucynta er 100mg every 12 hours, and every morning when i wake up my head just feels like i am hungover, sometimes headache also. does anyone else feel like this?

• EMS GuyEEMS Guy Posts: 920
    edited 01/13/2013 - 2:41 PM
    I took Lyrica for a while and at first, I had the hangover feeling. That got better with time. I personally don't like Celebrex due to the nausea feeling it causes.

Several Epidurals, L4-S1 360 ALIF, Numerous Facet Joint Injections, RFA x2
  • hi,
    I never tried gabapentin, celebrex as when i took them, i felt uncomfortable and a kind of headache which last for hours, so i will not prefer all this
  • Im more foggy for 2-3 hours in the am after taking Quetiapine Fumarte, Tramodol and Gabepentin before bed.
    31 months now on the meds (quetapine only last 3 mos) with recent increase in doses to provide same level of relief.
    Hungover is too strong for me, but I know what you're going thru.
  • thats feeling of hungover is the least of my problems now, i had a major setback, pain wise. about 2 1/2 weeks ago, i was feeling real good, for a while, so i decided to try and stretch my hamstrings, laying on the floor, and lifting my leg up with a strap. i did not feel any pain right away, but 2 days later, i was getting ready to do my normal stretches, and all the sudden my back started hurting real bad, like when i first hurt it 2 years ago. well i have been icing, did try some heat, using tiger balm patches, just to make thru the workday. now its feeling better, but my sciatic nerve pain has returned with a vegence. so still icing, even went to the chiro. hopefully it will calm back down. i wish i could only complain about the hungover feeling.
  • Yep. The sciatic nerve pain wil kick any other pain in the ass , Any of the nerve pain flare ups overcome just about any other pain you got going on !
    With some luck it will subside for you ,

I done the same thing a few times felt good so stretch the hamstrings got brave and it backfired , Pissed off the nerve and realised oops that was a mistake,
    Flexicore ADR 2004 resulting nerve damage l4l5 Fusion 2006 same level, 2009 hardware removal with lami !
    2012 scs implant ,
  • I don't get sciatic pain when I do my stretches. Instead, my back simply gets annoyed as hell and begins spasming just a few hours after I stretch. I recently went through an 8 day period in which the spasms were so strong that I was unable to do any exercises at all.

It hurts because I don't stretch and exercise; it hurts even more when I do.
    Disability retirement
  • Catfishman, I thought I would share with you my experiences with a medication change and how much better I felt since. I have been on Nucynta 50mg x 2, TID for almost a yr. and it works well for pain relief but does cause me to feel foggy and severe mouth dryness. I had knee surgery on Jan. 18 and was given Dilaudid 2mg to take by surgeon. I usually take 1-2 every 4 hrs. but if pain is still severe I can take one more an hr. later. First thing I noticed the next morning was no dry mouth...yeah and I actually woke up at an early time 7am compared to noon on Nucynta. I am going to talk to my primary this week and see if maybe we can change to Diluadid. She may not but worth a try. I have my Nucynta locked up in safe and will take so she knows I am not taking both :) Just thought I would share since you are only other one I know who uses Nucynta on a regular basis like I do.

• thanks for the info kelli,
    well my back is feeling alot better, i spent $120 for 3 visits to the chiro last week, i really dont know if it helped that much , but i felt pretty good when i left there, of course. but he just want a person to keep coming back, i saw him on mon,wed, and fri, when i was leaving friday he was like, i will see you monday, i said cant afford you. anyway my sciatic nerve pain in my leg has gotten somewhat better, but now the pain is mostly my thigh and calf are. i guess this is my new bettter. i cannot believe how well i was about 5 weeks ago.
  • Im sorry Catfishman. It sucks when you go from having such a good run and then wham a bad flair will hit. I have never been to a chiropractor except as a welcome visit when he joined our doctor office and after pain I had the next morning I will never go back. I had same experience with a PT group who was affiliated with my first surgeon. They wanted me there 3 times a week and I was charged a 40 copay each time and did the same exercises I could do at home so did not go back. I know is discouraging but dont you give up and say this is your new better....Oh no, you will get back to where you were just 5 weeks ago, I can just feel it.