Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Suggestion for friends and family help with modern technology

I'm not sure what catagory this should go under, I will leave it up to the moderator.

Recently after my multi-level spine fusion, my husband was injured in a car accident at work and neither of us could drive.

Friends and family wanted to help but weren't sure what to do. Constantly telling us "call us for help please"!

I took down everyone's cell phone, email's, and Facebook accounts that offered help if I didn't 't already have it. Also days or time they were off if they knew them.

When I needed help, I sent out a text message, or email -

Group Call Out-I need ride to neuro 3pm,Thursday in Albany. RSVP if available.
After someone said they could do, I sent replly to all "ride resolve"

On Facebook I did a call out
Call out for assistance-anyone have treadmill i can borrow for 2 month?

My sister-in-law worked for supermarket.
I would text her my list and she would get it after work.

It became a "joke" as to who would "win" and take us!

Our friends and family told me they loved the idea. They were able to help us and they knew I would call for help if I needed, it actually gave our brothers and sisters piece if mind knowing I wouldn't try to do it all alone.

I kept a notebook of all the help we received and sent out a "million" thank you's.

We are very fortunate

Multi-level fusion L4-s1 Nov 5th 2012
Disc surgery Aug 2002