Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

"Honey, I'm Home"

Hi Peoples, I guess "newbie" isn't what I am . Visited daily after my accident in about 2008 and learnt heaps and was confused by how many people were so knowledgeable of their injuries and treatment. Finally had my surgery in Feb. 2010 and thought life would be sweet, apply myself to rehab. and soon would be back to work. The pain and despair would be gone and my family would have the "old-me" back. So STUPID, since then I have battled the system, pills, pain and my poor family are stuck with a drug addicted, muscle-spasmed, wheelchair/stick using - wreck.
Finally I have grieved for the person that was and accept most of the limits but still want a life. This site was a positive in my life and so many people helped me, even saved me from suicide at one point. So here's hoping to offer support to others and on the way sure will feel better as well.
Will take a good look around and I am sure there will be people who I recall.
Glad to be back, hope to share Gig Gentle Hugs n' Loves- Paula

• What surgery did you have in 2010 ? You forgot to post what kind of surgery ,

Welcome back , Sorry if i cant remember you from before but most days i cant remember my own name,
    If you been here before you know it helps if you provide more information about the type of surgery you had lol,
    Flexicore ADR 2004 resulting nerve damage l4l5 Fusion 2006 same level, 2009 hardware removal with lami !
    2012 scs implant ,
  • Hi Paula, nice to see you again. I remember you, unlike Alex the Great. I know you had a long road and am glad you've found your inner peace and are back to help others, listen, share experiences and even vent when you need to.

Lord knows, I've made a lot of "woe is me" posts lately, as you'll see if you look around. I'm usually the supportive kind, but have run into a brick wall lately and am at a loss as to how to live my life at the moment. But it'll get figured out, one way or another.

Welcome back. :-)
  • Sorry, I had a 3 level fusion (S1 up) with a lesion thingy removed and discs removed and cages installed, donor bone, rods & screws, pelvis repair, blood transfusions etc There is probably a better name but my surgeon was awesome and he literally saved my life, apparently. Was very skinny going into surgery but remember reading the "must-haves" on this site, very helpful. Papa Ron shared many words of wisdom and so many others. Thought life was mine for the taking but have learnt otherwise, so I'm back to be with other "Spiney's" who really do understand and offer so much, in such a loving positive way.
  • Glad your surgery went well ! You had a lot done then , Hope it helped ya and life is looking up again ,

Cath, Alex the Great ? Hmmmmm. Who told you ? Lol
    Flexicore ADR 2004 resulting nerve damage l4l5 Fusion 2006 same level, 2009 hardware removal with lami !
    2012 scs implant ,