Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Pro disc L5-S1total disc replacement

Elfrieda67EElfrieda67 Posts: 1
edited 01/15/2013 - 3:29 AM in Degenerative Disc Disease
Hello, I am currently 45 years old, 130 lbs and was one of the very first people in the US to receive a total disc replacement. Back in 2003, I entered a clinical trial for the pro disc. At the time they were only allowing one level surgeries to be done. In had problems in both the L4-L5 & L5-S1 areas, the lower being the worst. I tried every surgical and holistic procedure out there for a total of 4 years prior, nothing helping the pain. In August 2003 I went to the hospital for Joint Diseases in NYC using a walker, had surgery and walked out. I was able to touch my toes for the first time in 4 years. Now I am in the same shape I was in before I injured my back. I wanted to let everyone know, this is and has been the most incredible thing ever did. It has changed my life. I owe it to an incredible surgeon. I now have pain now from the L4-L5 area and am working on getting that fixed. This pain only start to bother me last year and i was told eventually I would have to do something to this area in my back. I highly recommend this surgery to anyone. Important thing to remember -- make sure you have a good surgeon, it makes a world of difference.

Thank you Dr.

Post edited to remove name of medical professional and or facility. by The Spine-Health Moderator Team

• That is awesome Elfrieda! My husband and I have been looking into ADR. Can you PLEASE message me the facility and Dr's name??? We've been researching this and wasn't aware that this was being done in the USA. We've been in contact with Europe .... but was concerned if there were any problems down the road, who would be able to treat it here in the USA. Thanks in advance!