Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

neck pain still

Hi, my name is Tina and I'm 47 yrs old. I have complex dysplastic scoliosis which was fused when I was 9 from T1 down to L2. Having issues now at the L2 level but I'll talk about that another time.
I also have big time issues with my neck. I had ACFD two years ago. Two discs had collapsed and was putting pressure on my spinal cord. I was also suffering from Kyphosis and only found out than that I have Klippel-Feil Syndrome. My question is that I'm still have neck pain from two years ago. The neck muscles are very stiff and painful at times. Sometimes I wake up with such bad neck pain that it goes to the right side of my face and eye which in turn causes a migraine. I end up in the ER. When they did the fusion they also moved my neck back somewhat because of the kyphosis. I was just wondering how long it takes for my muscle in my neck to feel better, It always feels like I worked out and now there sore. Sometimes I can feel how cramped they are because they are hard. My doctor say the xrays are fine so nothing is wrong there. I think my neck is not use to all the new stuff. What can I do to help my muscles relax. It's very depressing and I had the surgery to help me not make it worse. To be honest I had to have the surgery or really bad things could have happened. Hopefully someone can help I'm desperate.

• Hi, I'm new myself, just had ACDF in December. I'm having problems with neck pain, headaches. My NS prescribed physical therapy, and I have muscle relaxer (cyclobenzaprine) which I can use if I need it. Have you tried physical therapy or massage?
  • Hi! I dont know anything about what you are going thru but just wanted to welcome you here. This place and the people on here are really great. I'm sure you will find the answers you are looking for.
    ALIF L3-5 Aug '11, butress plates added pos. Feb '12, 2013 revision decompresive laminectomy L3-SI, removal of hardware, exploration, allograft, instrumentation and possible bone morphogenic protein (BMP) 3rd times the charm!