Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

From the pain, can you pinpoint where you SIJ is?

For at least 5 years, possibly 10 I've had these "spots" on my right side and my left side in my lower back that have bothered me, worsening over the years. The right side is a lot worse than the left side. I was wondering if those place could be my SI joints. My pain also is in the middle of my back. I've been putting up with this for years now and am just sick of it as I can barely stand the pain anymore. I used to see a chiropractor and he would have me lay on my side, bend my knee towards my chest, and then he'd adjust my lower back. Then he'd do it to the other side. He didn't specifically say what he was adjusting, but could that have been my SI joint(s)?

I have lots of pain sitting but even more when I'm standing and can only stand for about 5 minutes and have to sit down. When I do the dishes, I really get a lot of pain. I dread bending over, as I can hardly stand that pain either and almost have to hold onto something. When I'm putting the silverware away in our microwave cart drawer, I have to lean on the cart with my left hand while I put the silverware away with my right hand. I have to bend slightly to do it...bending does not agree with me. I'm in the computer chair almost all day long because I can't tolerate sitting on our wooden chairs at the kitchen table, and I also hate sitting on our sofa. I don't know if this has anything to do with my SIJ or not but I've developed this habit of bending my left knee and sitting with my left leg under my right thigh instead of sitting with both feet on the floor when I'm sitting here on the computer chair.

I have trouble sleeping at night from the pain. I like to fall asleep laying on my right side (always was that way), but my right buttock gets to hurt too much, so then I either roll over (very carefully) onto my back. I also sometimes lay on my left side but that buttock also gets painful after awhile, only not as bad as the right one when I'm laying on that side.

My orthopedic surgeon seems to think that I have SIJ dysfunction even though I guess you can't determine that from the MRI. My L5-S1 disc is totally gone and it's bone on bone now, but from what I understand, that doesn't necessarily cause back pain. I am scheduled for a diagnostic SIJ injection tomorrow, hoping for a second positive. I'll be crossing my fingers and toes hoping that I'll be able to notice a great relief in pain from the injection. If that's the case, I'm seriously considering having the SIJ iFuse operation done.

I posted in another thread but thought I'd add some things that I didn't think to mention before to see what anyone thinks about this.
Had SI-Joint Fusion done using iFuse on March 11, 2013