Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Stenosis pain question

sprklzssprklz Posts: 2
edited 01/17/2013 - 2:30 PM in Spinal Stenosis
I would like to start with saying hello to everyone and that I am new to this forum so don't mind me not understanding everything that is going on with my back. Well I am 32 years old and have been suffering with horrible back pain for 6 years now.So my question is does someone have something simliar with xray and mri results listed below be the caused them pain also. I have been suffering with pain in my back and legs for a long time now and after 6 years of being on lortabs and motrin I finally got my MRI I have been begging for sad but true. THANK YOU EVERYONE!!

32 years old and active
6 foot 175 lbs

xrays on 1/2/13
mild sweeping right convex curve to the right of the thoracic spine
mild left convex curve of lumbar spine
spurring present on lower lumbar

MRI of lumbar spine without contrast on 1/11/13
Mild degenerative disc disease L4-L5 L5-S1
Moderate bilateral facet Arthropathy L4-L5 L5-S1
Mild spinal stenosis present at L4-L5 L5-S1

• We can't give medical opinions on the site. It seems some of the findings could cause pain, but your doctor will have to interpret the results with you. You might also want to do research on this sign to learn about some of the terms used.
    4 level ACDF C4-C7 5-2-11, laminectomy & discectomy L4-L5 1/26/12, ALIF L4-5, L5-S1 12/10/12.
  • sprklzssprklz Posts: 2
    edited 01/17/2013 - 2:38 PM
    Thank you for your time in answering my question...I am sorry I was not trying to obtain medical advise just an opinion if someone had a similar problem that caused pain also.I will be speaking with my doctor when I see him but I will not be able to see him until Febuary 8 2013 and the best part is I scheduled the appointment on the 14th of this month he is that backed up.I have read up on stenosis but I am unable to find any answers in if the mild form would cause the same kind of pain?