Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Rotator Cuff or Cervical Neck problems??

I am new to this site but looking for someone who may be going through the same thing I am. I am having problems with my left arm, anything overhead or behind my back hurts, just fixing my hair is a struggle. It is very weak. I had an xray done wich was normal and done 12 rounds of physical therapy. My insurance denied my doctor's request for an MRI so they are re-submitting that. I am told that it is hard to tell if it is my rotator cuff or problems with a disc. I am very frustrated and want this taken care of. Has anyone else had problems like this and what was the outcome? Any advice or story would help.

• Hi Lisa,After my anterior cervical fusion I developed severe weakness in my right arm (I need two hands to put the truck in park).I saw a Doc that specializes in shoulders and he said he could not tell if it was an issue that was uncovered by the first surgery or the issues he sees on the x-Rays are causing the problem.Since I needed a posterior cervical fusion also he said "lets evaluate after your second surgery".It has been two months after my second surgery,the arm is just as bad but the Docs want to give me more time to heal before they make the call.In other words,they really do not know,it does not look like my shoulder is going to get better on its own so i am planning on a shoulder surgery.The Docs will probably say wait a full 3 more months before they make a decision.What is certain is I am not going to stop telling then I do not have any thing close to full use of my right arm.I do wish you well and my name is Daniel.