Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Numbness in neck and shoulder

About 4 months ago I started getting numbness in my neck and left shoulder which results in a muscle kink that travels from the neck to the left scapular. I waited, hoping it would take care of itself.....no luck. I called my Doctor who arranged for an MRI and PT. After using a neck traction device 2 - 3 time a day for 2 weeks and getting only temporary relief I returned to the Therapist and he sent a note to my Doctor suggesting I talk to a neurosurgeon. Well the neurosurgeon looked at the MRI and said it was inconclusive. He suggested more PT and a neck x-ray and possible accupuncture!!!! The neck x-ray was sent to the neurosurgeon who said there was arthritis present but nothing warranted surgery and again suggested accupuncture and more PT.
I am not sure how accupuncture would help a nerve being compromised by bone. I am now having trouble sleeping and can only sleep on my right side.
Has anyone had a similar experience?

• Well I haven't experienced this but I guess the numbness is due to the failure of the nerve impulse to find its way to brain. As you have been affected with Arthritis so it may be the pinched nerve. This cause to pain along with causing weakness.