Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

When does it stop

I had a neck operation in May 2011 where the C5, C6 and C7 discs were removed and then fused with bone taken from my hip. I then had another operation in August 2012 where the C3 and C4 discs were removed and fused with donor bone. The bone that replaced the C5 - C7 discs as well as the bone that replaced the C3 & C4 discs were then also fused together meaning that I now have 5 discs consisting of rigid bone. I went for a check-up with my neurosurgeon last week and it seems that there is now a problem with the C1 and C2 discs. Something about the gap being too big as well as the ligaments that are too lose. My neurosurgeon also sent me for blood tests to check for Rheumatoid Arthritis. I still have tingling in my fingers despite the fact that I have had a carpal tunnel operation and still have pain in my shoulders, the top of my back and my neck, despite my neck operations as well as a roto cuff operation.

Does anyone else out there have these sort of problems and if so, please can you advise how you are dealing with them?

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,839
    edited 01/24/2013 - 6:24 AM
    Many people have multi level cervical surgeries, but you are talking about almost all of them. C1 (Atlas) and C2 (Axis) are generally cervical discs we dont hear much about in terms of problems.

What has your doctor told you about the cervical problems? It almost seems like you have a condition that has caused all the cervical discs to go bad.

I'd want to know why and what are the best action plans.
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com