Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Looking for new meds

I am looking for any ideas for medications. I cannot take oral steroids or NSAID's. Developed a peptic ulcer from taking too many NSAID's. Tramadol and Flexeral do NOTHING. Might as well be taking sugar pills. I have tried so many alternative forms from the Deflame diet to supplements galore! My treating doctor is a chiropractor. The only medication that I am on is Hydrocodone 10/325. It handles the day to day pain but not the flare ups. I have been on Hydrocodone for over a year and of course have built up tolerance. I try my best not to take but what is absolutely needed. I take 1/2 a pill twice a day for maintenance. Ideas to help with the deep bone pain and muscle spasms are greatly appreciated :)

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,839
    Thats something that you would need to work up with your doctor. There is a lot more to total pain management then medications. Take a look at The Blend
    I put that together several years ago (2009) Really what it says, that you need a complete package of treatments to treat
    any type of chronic pain.
    I've been 'doing' this blend for as many years as I first wrote about it. Honestly, it doesnt keep me painfree, but it helps managing my overall pain levels.
    Read it over, discuss it with your doctor. Only they will be able to say if its right for you
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • So after a week of these intense muscle spasms and crying in the shower yet another night from being in so much pain from not only the muscle spasms and the spine pain, but my body from being pulled out of whack, I made an appointment to see my chiropractor to have him put me back in line and put a call into my surgeon for muscle relaxers. My chiropractor worked and worked and got me back in line but as soon as I got off of the table my body started to jerk back to the side. Waited ALL day for the nurse to call me back. She finally calls 10 minutes until closing time but calls the wrong phone. I call back and give the correct number again but NO CALL!!!
    I look so forward to yet another night of pain and another day of gimping around. I love my surgeon and trust him to cut on my back but he has the WORST staff.
This discussion has been closed.