Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Cold left foot due to L4-L5 disc herniation

Does anyone have Cold Foot (or what sometimes feels like a cold, wet foot) due to L4-L5 disc herniation? It is the wildest sensation, as my foot feels cold and wet, but it it's not wet, just cold.
At the same time that my foot is cold, it hurts due to the cold as well.
I have experienced sciatica in the past, but never to this degree!
advertisement

Comments

• Hey there I'm a 41 year old guy who had a microdiscectomy at l4l5 do to a bulged disc and my nerve pain went from my back to my foot and I also have the cold foot feeling. Mine is the left foot and leg. My lower left calf and foot always feels cold but not wet. The surgeon who did my micro. Said that it wasn't related but its never done this before in my life. After my surgery which was in march 2011 I did get some movement back but I still get real cold feeling in my leg and foot. I don't know how to treat it except heating pad. I am due to get a spine stimulator in about three weeks and maybe that just might help. So for now I've just learned to live with it. I sure hope you can find some relief good luck.
  • I have read a number of times here that folks sometimes have the cold wet foot sensation.

Suggest you use the search function on top of the page and use the keywords 'cold wet foot' and you will get lots of posts of previous people discussing the same sensations.

Take care.
  • I have had numbness and the same cold foot issue for years. I need a fusion on L4-5 and have a few other issues.
    The cold and numbness seem to be worse if I do to much. After years of living with this I ended up with the oppisite problem when I over do. I am now finding i I get a burning sensation. It is really nice to have warm feet again, that much I like.
    The bad side is I can get so hot I wake up covered in sweat on my legs with a very hot lower back.. I finally figured out what was happening. While sleeping I only have 2 comfortable positions. I would sometimes roll onto my side and bend my knees up. Apparently this is a bad possition for me. The heat spreads from my lower back down my legs. Since my knees are up and bent they get too hot and I end up sweating. Weird.
    I have trained myself to wake up when it starts and I try to uncover my lower back and keep my shoulders covered. This works.
    Suzan, hoping to ski again one day
  • I have the cold feet and back of legs. It is very uncomfortable. My lumbar is herniated and bulging due to a car accident.
  • I have these feelings as well. Has anyone ever had a cortisone shot before, and did it help with these symptoms?
  • chop my leg offcchop my leg off British ColumbiaPosts: 56
    I love my magic bag for my cold foot symptom.  Not looking forward to winter .  Last winter I never left my couch /bed do to the surgeries.  My foot doesn't even like a cool floor
    L5S1..2 microdisectomies in 30 days maybe one more on the agenda. 4 bulged discs and one of them loves my spinal canal X2 :/ and a compression fracture . And now scar tissue wrapped around the nerve causing horrible neuropathy all over again.   VICIOUS CIRCLE :(
  • kat129kkat129 MissouriPosts: 3
    Just had a fusion L4 - 5.  My left foot is worse but my ankle hurts and they feel cold and really ache.  What's going on, am I alone?
advertisement
This discussion has been closed.