Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Shoulder Pain and neck

This is my story and I hope someone will be able to help me. July24th of this year I was just driving home and out of the blue my right arm started killing me. Pain to the point I thought I was going to have to pull over and scream!
I went to my chiropractor (have had the same one for 20 years) and ask him what he thought. I had not been to him for over 3 years, last time I was there was after my horse decided to pitch me and hurt my hip. He did some arm and neck things and said I had a pinched nerve in my neck.
He did an adjustment to my neck and arm and told me if it was not any better to come back. 7 days later I went back and he did an adjustment again. Still did not have any relief. I received 3 more adjustments and almost a month out I decided to see a ortho doctor. I thought sure it was just my shoulder, I had no neck pain at the time. They took exrays and told me they would give me a shot of cortisone in my shoulder. Two days after the cortisone shot both my arms, yes both....started twitching, i developed pain under my left jaw line and a numby feeling(not total numbness) ran across the front of my neck and my left cheek. My eye twitched, both at times. I became anxious, could not sit still. Lips began to tingle, then tongue.. for almost 2 weeks they felt like they were on fire.
I went to my medical doctor who thought I was nuts. (although I had not been to her in over 5 years) She sent me for an MRI that showed 3-4 bulge and 5-6 6-7 bulges(these have arther in them) . A brain mri that show some white matter(indeterminate for my age) I am 47.
I went to the dentist, no problem only impacted wisdom teeth. Went to infectious disease doctor, tested for everything under the sun... clean there.
So my question is .... could my disc problems cause facial and mouth symptoms( my tongue is better, i do have a weird sensation in the middle of my top lip) and the weird feeling on the side of my left cheek. Or did that cortisone shot sit off some bizarre allergic reaction. Or could the adjustment to my neck take an entire month to manifest.
I also was set to a neurologist who did a nerve test and it was all normal... go figure.
I have had some issues with my neck in the past, nothing like this though.
I am sorry for the long post.... everyone I have talked to has said the neck has nothing to do with the face.
I even called my chiro back and he said the same.... so a neurologist, chiro, dentist,MD have all said no. What do you all think..

Cathy in Kentucky
P.S. I am an avid horse back rider and need to get back to riding.

• Injection can and usualy does raise your blood pressure and can cause feeling of heart racing and such, But wears off so whatever is caused by that should be gone now,

The other symptoms you still have its very hard to say as all the nerves are connected so inflammation from neck issue can further cause other symptoms that even doctors often cant explain,

If its spine issue neck back whatever its never a simple answer, ! Only time will tell and if it dont get beter further tests might have to be done,

Good luck hope you are able to sort it out,
    Flexicore ADR 2004 resulting nerve damage l4l5 Fusion 2006 same level, 2009 hardware removal with lami !
    2012 scs implant ,
  • Thank you for responding. I have been miserable. Ihave not felt like doing anything,this is so unlike me. I didn't start off having any neck issues. Just the right ARM was the killer. I had been having some upper back pain,but nothing to stop me. At first I wanted to blame the chiropractor,but I ruled that out because all this mess didn't come up until over a month after my last appointment with him. My pain left my right ARM,moved up to my neck and then my lips and side of face. I am at a loss so frustrated with it all. I am such an outdoor active person.