Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

RE: Burning Sensation After Neck Spinal Surgery

Greetings Forum Members, I recently had rods inserted in my 5th and 6th vertebra and the surgery was performed via the front of my neck. The surgery itself was a complete success!!. However, I have been experiencing very severe burning sensation right between my shoulders. It feels as if my skin is literally on fire, but there is no redness, no puffiness or anything. I went back for my first Doctors visit recently and he prescribed Lidocaine patches...they're not working. What do I do now? Someone please tell me that this condition is temporary, I don't know what to do :(

• Yes that is quite normal. It could be the nerves getting used to things or the muscles gaining strength. You may need to do some physical therapy. How long ago was your surgery?
    ACDF C4-5 June 23rd, 2011

Another surgery in the near future. I am 26 years old.

Current Meds- Norco 7.5/325, Cymbalta 60mg, Gabapentin, Adderall 20mg
  • Try Gabapentin 3 times a day. The burning you feel are the nerves firing off into the muscles and trying to heal the torn muscles after anterior surgery.