Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Pain on top of butt crack

Hi everyone
I had PLIF L5/S1 done on 22/8/12. Between pre op and post op, I feel the same pain on top of my butt crack that will be painful if I sit for walk for a long time. Anyone had this experience?
I went to many doctors neuro and orthopedic but they said there is no problem
Any idea what I should do next?

• Last March I went through a horror lower back pain that lasted about 6 month. It was after another episode of back pain when I could not stand up from the floor. Anyway, I gave up the chiropractic treatment, went to physio and learnt to visualize the spine at every move. The pain was terrible, I had to work laying on the floor for a 2 months, with shootings down the legs.
    Now I'm out of pain, pretty functional but I cannot run or hop. When I try to run, I have a sharp pain at the top of the butt crack every time I land on the foot. It is not that intense as it used to be but still significant. I asked a neurologist about that, he had a look to the MRI and couldn't figure out why. The only thing revealed by the MRI was the l5 s1 disc bulge. I also have kind of an electrical shock along the lower spine when I kick my lower spine, even gently.
    So, after seeing few doctors and therapists my advise is to have patience and learn to take care of your spine. You might same chances to heal it.
  • Hey Roz I just registered here because I know that pain. I work at a furniture firm and suffered from great backache too.
    A friend of mine is a chiropractor and recommened a shaolin book found here bit.ly/livehealty
    At first I was yeah like what ever but the pain wouldnt stop. Since I had nothing lose I bought it and it helps. They are technique who are never mentioned by a doc. Just check it out if nothingelse helps.

• Roz5382RRoz5382 Posts: 46
    edited 01/28/2013 - 4:45 AM
    Thanks for the suggestion. I tried to open the site but it doesn't work. Could you please post the link again?

It is really frustrating because it really drives everyone crazy. I really don't know when the pain would finally stop.i am trying acupuncture together with this too and also heat therapy.
    It has been like this for 5 months. I wish the pain would go away.
This discussion has been closed.