Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Hello everybody

Hi, I decided to join a forum becasue I thought I could contribute and learn.
I have just had an initial operation L5S1 fusion, posterier 6 screws. To be followed by an anterior in 4 weeks for cage.
I was diagnosed with Spondylolisthesis grade 2, severely compacted.
I have just come home from hospital and I am 5 days post op.
I am english but living here in rural France and have a lot of new and different things to translate and try to understand from medications to simply the way they deal with things here, I'm not fluent in french - imagine all that medical lingo and nurse visits.
I have been put on Zalidar (paracetamol I believe) MORPRAL, BIPROFEND, and stockings for pulmonary embolism and some injections I was supposed to do at home for 4 more days which I don't have the courage to do so am exercising legs instead.
Had a water skiing accident when 10 years old and a life long habit of back pain which has really degenerated over past 5 years.
Never had a surgery before - life of stuff you do when you have back pain which would come and go
Next surgery due 12 March Both ops are reccommended due to minimising any failure to fuse, my age ad how active I wish/expect to be.
I am having a lot of trouble sleeping - days are Ok - sort of what I expected but nights are very painful and I cant get comfortable or sllep for more that however long the pain meds last. Also wanting to know how much I should be doing - If im not bending lifting or twisting - how much walking is too much?
Otherwise I am going to consult with my doctor today over the phone with a french speaking friend about wha else I can take for pain because I used a lot of brufen to get through the night. Pain which is not there in the day is in the opposite leg that I was originally seeing an increased problem with. ie - left leg was showing signs of num toes etc now righ leg is very painful especially/particularly at night.
Thats me and my issues for an introduction - Pix