Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Herniation of T9&10

I have had pain radiating around my ribs and into the center of my chest for several years, I spoke with my FP and told him that I thought it was coming from my back! And he said there was no way that my back could cause my ribs and chest to hurt. So I have lived with the pain for over 4 years, In april of 2012 I went for an MRI because my lower back pain was getting servere also, I have had back probs since 1984 was my first surgery, Anyway the MRI showed L4 &5 disc was no longer there and I was bone to bone and the scar tissue was very bad! My Dr wanted to try injections and meds for my lower back! Which all failed! But the MRI also showed a herniation of T9&10! So after injections and pain management I went to a Neuro-surgeon and Dec 17th 2012 I had a lubar fusion, and a new disc with cage put in at L4 & 5 with screws and rodsand bone graft, so Im 7 wks post surgery!
But here is the question on T9 & 10 My Neuro-surgeon said he did not want to do surgery there because of the risk and complications. He said he would have to go through the front and remove a rib and a lot of other stuff to get to the area! He suggest a SCS but said they could'nt do that until my lumbar healed. I am to the point if I sit over 30 mins or stand over 20 mins the pain is unbearable, I was wondering if anyone has had any luck with SCS in this area? and if so, did it help?
george waggoner

• I had both rib and chest pain and that is how I found out that I had a large herniation at T7-8. I went through all heart tests which were normal and whil recuperating from heart cath I had the most excrutiating back pain and after several doctor visits and a MRI they found the issue. I would have severe pain wrap around my left rib cage and top of left die of abdomen which is where the nerve ran from T7-8. I had a micro-discectomy on May 24, 2012 and unfortunately it failed and I am still havig severe pain from this area but no re-herniation. Not sure if scar tissue or what. I go to see surgeon at end of next month. They will take to me about the SCS then but not sure if this is what i want because I have not heard alot of good things about this from anyone on this site :( I hope you find the answers you are seeking,

• Thanks for the replies! I have an appt with Neuro on Feb 19th! we will discuss the SCS then! Just hoping for some relief! But the good news is! Is that I seem to now be getting some relief from my Lumbar fussion, I can now go a few hours without leg pain and it just been 7 wks since surgery! Have a blessed day
    george waggoner