Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Hi Im New Here

tlcttlc Posts: 3
edited 01/31/2013 - 11:53 PM in New Member Introductions

I am a 32 yr old Female with some long standing back/pain issues. I have been lurking here for about 2 years, never posted. Could really do with some advise/opinions.....

The problem started 5 yrs ago when I was 16 weeks pregnant, and had a terrible pain in the front of my pelvis - was diagnosed as PGP or SPD - which I think are interchangeable, anyway this progressed through the pregnancy culminating in having to go into a wheelchair at 7 months pregnant, the midwife dismissed it as normal pregnancy pain, and I have a lot of trouble getting anyone to listen to me. I have a c-section at 38wks pregnant and baby was perfect.

Since then I have done many round of physio and hydro therapy, all of which have been no use - I was referred to the pain clinic and told that the problem was SIJ disease. I have had numerous injections into my SIJ's al give a couple of weeks of minimally reduced pain.

I have had a couple of Pelvic MRI scans - all of which have been according to the report 'unremarkable'

I was referred to a rheumatologist - after having a problem with my wrist, the surgeon that carried out the arthroscopy said that he didn't like the look of the joint and given my history he wanted to refer me.

I had an appointment with the rheumy on Monday ad he says that me SIJ's are normal and that the injections wont do anything for me. He has taken loads of bloods and is arranging for a lumbar MRI.

Other Symptoms:-

Pain all down legs - Right worse than left
Pain in most of back
Pain in Muscles in general
Numbness in feet - Right worse than left
Clicking, crunching and snapping coming from Pelvic,hip or lower back area.

I am currently on :-

Buprenorphine 1000mcg a day
Amitriptylene 50mg a day

Can anyone help me sort mythought out and figure out what I need to do - I am so confused that my diagnosis has been changed/removed

Many thanks