Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Hello everyone, I'm new here.....

MrsBMMrsB Posts: 8
edited 02/05/2013 - 2:38 PM in New Member Introductions
I am a 38yr old mother of one 17 yr old son, been with my husband for 20 years. This is my first try on this forum and after looking around a little I think I have found the right place to meet people who can relate to my experiences and I can be of support in return as well. I had a partial hysterectomy in 09, bilateral breast reduction in 09 in hopes of reducing neck/shoulder pain. Hand surgery for bone infection from dog bite (my dog-accident) in 09. In Feb 2010 L5-S1 discectomy/right sided laminectomy. Total right Hip replacement Sept 2010. Have been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia, Rheumatica, Ankylosing Spondylitis, and still being tested to figure the puzzle out. I just had an MRI of Thoracic spine, Lumbar with and without contrast. I am scheduled to see the spine surgeon on Feb 14th. I start at the pain clinic the day after tomorrow. My pain has become unbearable. I don't know what to make of this MRI, I just don't understand all of it. If anyone is interested I would be glad to type the report here. Stating it as briefly as I can it says : advanced degenerative disc disease L5-S1 with significant disc space narrowing, endplate fatty signal changes with spurring, also slight retrolisthesis. Degenerative changes of the facet joints L3-L4 and L4-L5. L5-S1 Facet hypertrophy on the right, Spur disc complex eccentric to the right with minimal flattening to the thecal sac and extending into the inferior neural foramen on the right and compresses the L5 nerve root. Right sided laminectomy defect is noted. Enhancing granulation tissue is again seen in the site in the lateral epidural space on the right tracks anteriorly in the epidural space. Thoracic spine: Multi level spurring (it does not state specifics) through the mid thoracic levels. central and right paracentral buldging at T5-T6 without cord compression. Multilevel degenerative changes are seen at multiple levels without any evidence of bony spinal stenosis. Linear area of hyperintensity within the midline central/anterior spinal cord that begins at the T6-T7 level and extends to the T9-T10 level. On the sagittal images a linear hyperintense signal can be seen at the T5-T6 level to the top of T8 level. No definitive amount of cystic change is identified on T1. Additional linear T2 hyperintense siganl is identified within the spinal cord but more superiorly on the sagittal images. This represents Myelomalacia.
I think thats the majority of it, or the most important parts I think. I'm not sure if this is very serious or if it something that can be brought under control with the avoidance of surgery. That is definitely my hope. My back just plain hurts. My legs hurt. My chest hurts. I really have very few people to talk to and I dont want to sound like a Debbie Downer. In the last month I have had some secret problems that I have not even told my husband because it is just so embarrasing. Thank you in advance to anyone who responds with any insight. I would love any and all advice I can get about what questions to ask and what to really be most concerned about at my upcoming appointment. Thank you!!!

• Hi again everyone. I went to the pain management appt yesterday, he told me to stop celebrex and replaced that with Diclofenac 50mg 3x a day along with misoprostol to protect my stomach, and lidocaine ointment to apply to my hip area for the pain from my hip replacement. I am starting physical therapy in 2 weeks for 6 weeks, and going back in 6 weeks for multiple thoracic facet joint injections. I have had injections in my hip and lumbar before but never this type of injection of the location. Can anyone share their experience of facet joint injections with me please? Any information is greatly appreciated. Thank you!!