Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

When was the moment...

When was the moment or what happened to make you realize it was time you finally needed your spinal fusion?
be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind ••• Dr. Seuss
advertisement

Comments

• It was getting difficult to drive. Also, I had to schedule everything in the mornings as afternoons I was too tired to accomplish anything.

penny
    4 level ACDF completed on January 3rd.
    I developed an infection which required reopening the wound on January17th
    Looking forward to life without as much pain!
  • Lost partial use/control of my left han and could no longer standup straight. Thats when I knew it was a far more serious problem than the military thought it was
  • RTgirl2011RRTgirl2011 Posts: 512
    edited 02/03/2013 - 6:50 AM
    When I could no longer bare weight on my left leg.
    Discectomies 05/08 and 04/11, fusions L4-5 Feb 9,2012 and L3-L4 June 28,2012, Staph infection washout 3/2/2012, Bulged L5-S1. SCS trial on January 17th, 2014, which was a success! Permanent SCS on February 20th.
  • It was the never-ending pain & the need for too many pain meds.
    - Pangea
    ACDF C4-5, C5-6 on 12/3/12
    Bone growth stimulator 4 hrs/day
    Follow up 1/21/12 - growing bone, still in pain though. Working desk job but still not cleared for volunteer EMS :-(
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 10,048
    I was ready when I was ready.
    (That includes all the physical and emotional attributes)
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
advertisement