Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

LTD ERISA Civil Suit

Renee23RRenee23 Posts: 21
edited 02/05/2013 - 9:59 AM in Health Insurance Issues
Hi all,

Not new but I don't post a lot. I read them all though!
I am curious as whether anyone out here has ever filed a civil suit ERISA against there Long term disability insurance company? If so, what was the outcome? I am fighting mine as they only paid me for 24 months and then said I did not have what they deemed as objective evidence of continued disability. I was granted a fully favorable decision by SSA. I have had 3 lumbar surgeries and one piraformis in the last 4 yrs. Laminectomy, Fusion ALIF, PLIF as the ALlF did not fuse. I was left with severe sciatica in my left leg and still have lower back pain. I am fighting to have it reinstated. Any thoughts or experiences would be greatly appreciated.

• have you appealed the decision made by your LTD? it is common for ltd companies to drop you at the two year mark. believe it or not, alot of people never file an appeal. you should request your complete file from LTD. Please be aware that there is a timeframe in which to file an appeal. You first have to go through the appeal process before requesting a civil suit. You may want to speak with a lawyer about this, but do it soon. good luck!
  • Renee23RRenee23 Posts: 21
    edited 02/14/2013 - 9:17 AM
    My appeal written by my atty was denied. I am awaiting the outcome of the civil suit now.....