Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

chronic whiplash

mickymoore007mmickymoore007 Posts: 1
edited 02/07/2013 - 6:24 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
I was the passenger in a car accident 2 years ago.it was not that serious,but I hurt my lower back and neck.there was no broken bones.my lower back still gives me a lot of pain and the orthopaedic doctor has put me on 500 lyrica.the pronlem with my lower back is manageable now with the medication.
The problem lies now with my neck,it never really got any better since the accident,but in the past few months it has flared up alot.its sore and stiff at times and I get a pain in the back of my neck/base of my skull/head aches.
i was in another car accident 12yrs ago and had whiplash then,but it settled after a few months.
.could it be Arthritis brought on by the second whiplash in last accident 2 yrs ago?
has anyone any experience of this "CHRONIC WHIPLASH"??
How does it affect you?
how did you treat it?
Thanks for any info.
micky moore

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,865
    edited 02/08/2013 - 12:41 PM
    As with most new members, no one reads the FAQ's, so when it comes to putting your first couple of threads posts together, there is so much that is left out.
    Please read the FAQ to see what type of information you need to provide us , in order for anyone here to even take a stab.

Did the Ortho diagnose you with Chronic Whiplash?, Is that the same doctor that prescribed Lyrica? Curious what other action plans did this doctor come up with? Physical Therapy?, Aqua Therapy?, Tens? etc, etc. You mention arthritis, did your Ortho send you for X-Rays to identify the Arthritis? What other medications have you had?

I am basically telling you what one of our FAQ states. Provide the member base with as much information about yourself and situation as possible.... Still, get a chance, read them, besides that info, there is a lot more valuable information there.

Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com