Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Can not sleep

I have chronic lower back pain, and I have been presribed Tramadol. I take it 50mg 3 times a day, I also take with it 1 tylenol or advil which is just like ultracet. I works ok. So I went back to the doctor and he sent me out for and xray. He prescribed Cyclobenzaprine 5mg 3 times a day. That didnt work at all, then I asked if he could prescribe me something stronger Soma 350mg at bedtime. And stop the tramadol, I can not take most of these scripts while working except the tramadol. I have not slept in 5days....Soma at first it makes you tired then in bed my heart just is pumping. But I check my blood pressure and I am fine. I will stop this medication!!! I already went through this 2-3yrs ago xray, mri and painmanagement. I bought an inversion table and go to the chiropractor. I am just loosing it.
4yrs prior I had the heart thing while sleeping before any meds, went to the doctor had ultrasound on my heart and a couple of other tests. My heart is fine! I have anxiety I will not get into that but, he has me on clonazepam 1 mg 4 times a day and vyvanse 50mg 1 once a day andddd doxepine for sleeping. So I was unable to take the tramadol with the Cyclobenzaprine. Anyway hear I am without any sleep trying to get some sleep. And I am not suppose to just stop taking certain meds, but I will not take the Cyclobenzaprine tonite. The vyvanse I know gives you a boost and could cause me not to sleep. But I have been on the Vyvanse and clonazapam for 2 yrs so it must not be that. I think!!! I hope I get to sleep tonite. Sorry if this does not make complete sense you can see why.

• If I'm having a bad night I'm able to take melatonin and tylenol pm, it greatly helps me sleep on those night. I would certainly call the doctor before taking either of those since you are on other medications, but perhaps you could ask him about that combination. I hope you are able to get some sleep. Pain is bad enough without adding exhaustion on top of it.
    33yo mom of two. My surgical history...preadolescence scoliosis, kyphosis, and a hot mess.... 5 spine surgeries and lots of items added I wasn't born with (titanium, peek, surgical steel). Guess cremation is out. TSA loves me.