Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

L5 s1 micro discectomy lower back

I had a micro discectomy 10 th nov 2013 all sciatica and numb foot gone.But my low back pain is still painful if not worse sometimes.still taking pain killers fed up with it,pain wakes me up in bed when turning over.should I seek more medical advice,or is it just take a long time to heel. Please give me advise.
s. j. aplin

• The micro does nothing for back pain, it's purpose is to treat the pain from the sciatica. Do you have DDD?
  • the main reason for performing microdicectomy is to ease the pain from sciatica. although sometimes it can help with back pain it is not often acheived. i hope you was not expecting it to do so. my neurosurgeon told me this several times so that i was aware. i suffer with ddd and am only 3 weeks post op, however i do feel my back pain is less than before. maybe im lucky or just havent put my back through its paces yet to see how it is in reality. if you are ever unsure about something after surgery seek advice from professionals its what they are there for. if you do have a problem and dont address it because you feel like you may be over reacting but it then leads to further complications you could make things worse for yourself. go see your surgeon/nuerologist they are alot more qualified to asses you than anyone on here. let us know how you get on.
This discussion has been closed.