Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

hell? er, hello I'm new too.....

Hello, I'm Sue from WNC. I've been poking around the forum, and actually started a thread in the neck pain page. That's where things start....

About 3 weeks ago I woke up with both of my hands having the pins and needles,, so I tried to shake it off, didn't help and continued to get worse to where my arms were in pain from my elbows to the tips of my fingers.
I went to see my chiropractor ( he helped me lots with sciatica yrs ago) He gave me an adjustment and said he would see me the next Monday. He told me later he thought I would be so improved that I would cancel. I wish!
Any how, I had another adjustment and he took some x rays of my neck. What he found there is not good.
He said I've got no disc between the c5 and c6, it's bone on bone with arthritic changes. He told me I need to see the GP.
I saw the GP the next day and he had no interest in the xrays from the chiro's office and thinks I've got carpal tunnel. I insisted, and told him what my chiropractor said, so now I have an appointment for new xrays and MRI on Monday.
The pain is just getting more intense, my fingers are numb, swollen and my arms throb. My back hurts just above my shoulder blades in the center.
The doctor gave me some Vicodin and meloxicam, neither seem to do much.
The not sleeping and not knowing are wearing me out.
I forgot to mention about me...
I'm a 53 year old married woman with two grown sons. I've worked on the circulation desk of the public library for the last ten years. I recently started school, I'm studying phlebotomy! I sure hope my physical troubles allow me to continue. I'm fairly physically active too, enjoy working out at our local Y :-)
Thanks for reading,

• It's good you're getting an MRI. I would ask the GP for a referral to a neurosurgeon or orthopedic surgeon. They sometimes look at things differently than the radiologist, so bring the films or cd with you along with the report. I always make sure I keep a copy of films/disc and reports.

Sorry you needed to join the forum, but it's a good place for info!
    4 level ACDF C4-C7 5-2-11, laminectomy & discectomy L4-L5 1/26/12, ALIF L4-5, L5-S1 12/10/12.
  • kamgramkkamgram Posts: 483
    edited 02/09/2013 - 6:32 PM
    Hi Sue, I also am from WNC and have my Phlebotomy certificate but unfortunately due to ulnar nerve compression in both elbows I can no longer do that job. I was also a Medical assistant and loved my job but had to give that up due to back pain. I have had 4 back surgeries with 3 being in past 4 yrs. I also have pain in center of spine between shoulder blades which has gotten worse since my thoracic microdiscectomy last yr. I hope you find the info you seek on here and I welcome you even though I hate that you have to be here amoung us :(