Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Iliac crest bone graph

I am 4 weeks post cervical fusion using a donor graph from my hip.I was not prepared for the post op pain and inability to walk.I am using a cane and still having quite a bit of pain.Can anyone give me any experience with this and hope it might get better.i go back in 10 days but am wondering if I can take the pain for that long.I have a hard time believing this is normal.PT just makes it worse.Nothing helps but heat and meds.I still con not walk outside the house for fear of not making it back. Any help would be appreciated

• I'm 8 weeks post L 4-5 fusion and that iliac bone harvest site is still sore, especially if I roll on it when I'm sleeping. It was pretty tender for up till week six. By the way, outside, and when I'm fatigued inside, I'm still using a cane.

You have to remember, even though it was done under sterile and controlled conditions, a bone graft harvest site is still---a broken bone. Going from there, if the incision site looks reddened or puffy to you, or if you're running a fever or feel sick, call your surgeon's office. If the site is causing you more pain than where they did the fusion, I'd call, anyways.

I'm not a spinal diagnosis. I'm a human being with a spinal diagnosis.