Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Looking for a new surgeon in Alaska

I live in Alaska and have had 4 previous surgeries, 1 Discectomy/lami, and 3 additional laminectomies. They were all at the same level L4/L5/S1, my last visit to the doc post surgery I was told that a SCS was my last option although I have yet to have a fusion, there was talk of a fusion due to several disc protrusions that are compressing the nerve root, but they dismissed it because of my age (39) and since the majority of my pain is in my leg. The pain continues to increase and my last images were taken in October, I have a sneaking suspicion that I have now reherniated. I have an appointment with my surgeon today but if he pushes the SCS again I want to change docs, and if anyone can recommend one that they've had a good experience with I would appreciate it.
Microdiscectomy/Laminectomy/Foraminalectoy L4/L5/S1 Oct 2009, Mar 2012
Laminectomy L4/L5/S1 Dec 2009, Oct 2012, Dec 2012
Microdiscectomy and Synovial Cyst removal Feb 2013
St Jude Spinal Cord Stimulator implanted January 2014

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,842
    to provide any details/references/recommendations about specific doctors.
    There are many free internet tools that allow to pull up information regarding specific types of doctors and/or a doctor and getting the details

Narrow your search that way and when you have a few, you could email people that you know live close to you. Just
    nothing on the public forums
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com