Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Just wanted to introduce myself

Hello everyone. My name is Matt and I am 39 years old. I have had back problems since the end of 2007. I never had any trauma that caused my back pain. My back problems came from repetitive daily work as a welder. My first surgery was in February 2008. I had a discectomy, unfortunately it did nothing to relieve the pain. Before the surgery i went through the epidural steroid injections, physical therapy, the ultrasound stimulation's. My surgeon then ordered a discogram. I might add that was a pretty painful test. I just about jumped off the table. That procedure (discectomy) did nothing to relieve the discomfort. My surgeon was pushing for another surgery 3 months later. I did not want to jump right back on the table so He sent me to pain management. more epidural steroid injections, physical therapy, tens unit, etc.

My pain increasingly was getting worse and all the different procedures were not helping. I finally agreed to another surgery and that was preformed in December 2008. I had a Laminectomy/Fusion. L4,L5 and S1. the surgery was in my mind a success. I noticed right away the leg pain was gone. Let me fast forward. I went back to work 2 months after my fusion with no restrictions.

In may of 2010 I started to experience lower back pain when I sneezed of coughed. The pain progressed and 5 months later I was in as much pain as I was before the Fusion and It is getting worse. I am currently in Pain Management and I am feeling pretty depressed and overwhelmed. My Pain Doc basically told me today that to get used to the idea of being on Medicine to function for the rest of my life. He's suggesting for me to have a pain pump put inside my stomach.

I Had a new MRI done last week and there are a lot of degenerative changes. I don't really understand a lot of what my report says and my pain doc is way to busy to spend time to really explain what all of this means. It is very frustrating. Thanks for having a place where I can come and absorb information and hear about other peoples similar experiences. Thanks for being here.
Much Thanks,

• I suggest making an appointment with an ortho. He/she can explain the report to you and hopefully give you some options.
    33yo mom of two. My surgical history...preadolescence scoliosis, kyphosis, and a hot mess.... 5 spine surgeries and lots of items added I wasn't born with (titanium, peek, surgical steel). Guess cremation is out. TSA loves me.