Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

I have been in pain since June 2011. I have an herniated disc C5-C6. I have good days and bad days. Recently, the bad days are getting worst.
I am so afraid of getting surgery which I am sure most people do not want to get surgery.
I have an appointment next week with the surgeon.

I have been praying for relief. Of course, still waiting..
My pain managment doctor suggested either to try Neurotrin sp ? or Lyrica. I thought I would ask people what they thought of does it help with the nerve pain and do you get any side effects?

I have extremely bad pain between the shoulder blades. This is where all my pain intensity exist where I just can barely function. I lay in bed with ice packs all day. The PM doc gave me oxtincotin sp? which helps but I am so scared of getting addicted. I am starting to get scared of everything.

I was on cymbalta and the withdrawal effects were unimaginable. It was pretty close to getting off heroin. It took me from May to Sept taking out 6 balls at a time everyday to get off this stuff. I did it without any side effects. This made me numb to everything. Now, I want to make sure that the withdrawl effects will not kill me. It seems the doctor do not tell you about this when you start taking the drug. I just want to make sure Lyrica will not be the same way.
Is there a place that I can look at success stories. I know that there has got to be some out there to encourage me.
To me, I can't keep taking the drugs. I have little children that I have to take care of and I want to be healthy someday to at least play with them.

Is pain free to much to ask????
What do you do when you have a flare up from nerve pain. Does anyone have any advice or anything that seems to work for them.
Thks for listening.. until I found this web site I felt so alone with such horrible pain.

• EMS GuyEEMS Guy Posts: 920
    edited 02/19/2013 - 1:06 PM
    Yes, there are side effects. Lyrica literally zapped my short term memory. I couldn't remember crap. I also had some dizziness issues and felt like I had a hangover each morning.

Several Epidurals, L4-S1 360 ALIF, Numerous Facet Joint Injections, RFA x2
  • Unfortunately, there are side effects with all medications, including those sold over the counter. Thankfully, most of them the majority of patients will not experience, and those that do, tend to find that they diminish once your body acclimates to the medication. This can take some days or weeks , depending on the type of medication and your body's adjustment to it...
    With Lyrica, doses need to be titrated up and down to reach the maximum benefit with the minimum of side effects and neurontin ( gabapentin) is the same. The biggest issues that I had with Lyrica were weight gain but that was managed by lowering my dose so that I still had the benefit of the medication without the weight gain, after some time on the medication it did effect my memory a bit so I finally went off it after being on it for most of 6 years...
    Yes, it does help neuropathic pain, in fact, that was the reason that I stayed on it so long...it worked wonders for the stinging, burning, lancinating pain that I was having.