And this is what I have coming. Neck fusion. That is of course my beloved surgeons advice. I have so much degeneration and stenosis going on. At one place I think its C5-C6 my central canal is only 1cm at other levels its 8cm and 11cm. I am so down about the idea of needing cervical fusion at this point. I am going back and forth on whether to do this right off the bat and move forward or hold out until I cant take the symptoms anymore. First thing is trying to resolve the pain I have in my hips, groin and legs....so SI joint shots are ordered, just waiting for approval...then maybe when we resolve some of the pain I deal with daily, then I can wrap my head around another major surgery in a year! I have heard cervical is a cake walk to what I have already been through...even my surgeon said the same. Easy breezy compared to 8 hour 3 level fusion did this past July. My issue at this point is with the cord compression am I playing with fire not getting this done? I have pain, I have weakness and balance issues....got a cane for my bday! Woohoo! Or if I decide to do this now, am I asking for more complications by having a surgery that can cause more problems.
My question is to you neckies.....am I in trouble here with the 1cm not to mention the 8cm and 11cm central canal. Anyone have any advice...I know the forum rules. I didnt post the MRI I am full of osteophytes and even a nerve root sheath cyst. The level of stenosis is alarming to me....what do you guys think? Please, please give me your opinions based on your personal experience. I am going nuts. We need to move, most probably out the state due to me not being able to work...lost the little work I have been able to hold on to...things are stacking and I am feeling so overwhelmed. Peace my friends, Ellen
3 level fusion L3-S1 July 23, 2012