Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Can a Inversion Table help with my neck?

Thanks in advance
I tried researching here and the web but there is very little said about necks.
Many articles about backs but mine is ok for now.

I am trying to avoid surgery
8 month of pain now and can't work or stand long
I have a bulging disc,pressing on nerve and arthritis
Tried epidurals nerve blocks acupuncture,pt, even voodoo
Hoping this might help

Thanks Larry

• ...and I cannot say that it really does much, if anything for my neck. It's real focus seems to be the back area.
    Even when speaking with out osteopath about it before getting it about 10 years ago, he said the same thing and I have found it to be true.

Because it works with gravity, it might release the neck slightly, but for me I would say that it is negligible, really.

Hope that helps.

That's my experience. I love it for my back, though!
    10/26/2012 ACDF C3/4 C4/5 surgery
    No pain; no pain meds - thank goodness!
    04/01/2013 - 5 months + 1 week - FUSED
    Doing some physical therapy for even better range of motion
  • The lay on the floor pneumatic track type might help. Helps me.
    Severe DDD, Severe neural foraminal stenosis at 2 levels, moderate canal stenosis at 2 levels, significantly impaired left shoulder & arm function. Chronic moderate compression fracture at C6.
  • Here's a pretty good explanation of inversion. It "should" theoretically stretch the entire spine bottom to top and "should" provide some benefits even to the neck area, however I always see them advertised as providing back pain relief specifically.

I have a home traction device from Saunders, and it's just "okay." It's hard for me to really relax on it because I can't ever get entirely comfortable w/the pieces that sit on the sides/back of your neck that help provide the pull (even though they're padded.) Maybe there's a more comfortable unit out there though.