Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

please help understanding cervical mri

I would greatly appreciate any help or advice concerning my mri report.

There is no substantial disc or facet abnormality at c2-c3 and c3-c4.

c4-c5 shows normal disc height with mild right paracentral and lateral disc bulging. There is no facet arthropathy, canal stenosis or foraminal stenosis.

c5-c6 shows mild disc space narrowing with mild diffuse disc osteophyte complex formation although no facet arthopathy, canal stenosis or foraminal stenosis.

c6-c7 shows normal disc height with large right lateral disc herniation measuring 10mm craniocaudal, 12mm transverse and 8mm anterior-posterior. There is moderate compression of the right anterolateral cord. No facet arthopathy or foraminal stenosis is shown.

Symptoms began 3 months ago, given little explanation but told to schedule surgery consult with ortho surgeon. Looks to me like the only concern would be the herniation at c6-c7. I am trying to educate myself before the appointment and would be grateful for any help.

• Hi
    For some pretty good reasons the forum doesn't allows us to help read or translate MRIs
    What I did when I had my first MRI was to look up each item and break them down and then take notes to the doctor and ask them to explain it to me.
    It can also help to look up a dermatomes chart and compare your issues with the areas involve
    This site has a lot of information you are looking for in the conditions and treatment tabs.

I agree with you to get as much education as you can and even try to see at least two spine surgeons
    unless they can show you a emergency is present. Are you having problems with your arms? Numb or pain in hands?
    Do not get scared but get busy and get referrals to some ortho or nuro spine surgeons. It may not be much but let them know if it gets worse.
  • msmmmsm Posts: 4
    edited 02/17/2013 - 10:01 AM
    Thank you for your response. Yes I have arm and shoulder pain with numbness in thumb and index finger. I will explore your suggestions, thanks again for taking the time to answer.