Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Back/hip problem please help

My name is andy and im 33 yrs old and a very active type of person but in the last 5 months ive been plagued by a lower back/hip problem. ive had various diagnosis and treatments from doctors physios and chiropractors and nothing seems to make the slightest improvement. i broke my foot in september last yr and on crutches for 6 weeks. during the time on crutches i notice a pain in my right buttock if i sneezed or coughed. when i became more mobile i noticed the pain when i walked or bent over. ive done all the exercises for a herniated disc which made no difference. ive had manipulation, electrotreatment and accupuncture which all made no difference. the only thing which eases the pain is to strech the piroformis but the pain returns 5 minutes after the stretch. If anyone has seen or heard of anything similar i would be grateful for any info or advice

• Have you seen a neuro or ortho surgeon? Have you had an MRI?
    33yo mom of two. My surgical history...preadolescence scoliosis, kyphosis, and a hot mess.... 5 spine surgeries and lots of items added I wasn't born with (titanium, peek, surgical steel). Guess cremation is out. TSA loves me.
  • Definitely need an MRI as soon as u can I wish I would have pushed for one 7 years ago. I lived with bad pain till I told my dr I want an MRI or I'm going somewhere else. He use to tell me oh its because u workout your old blah blah blah.. I'm 31. I had 2 bulging discs and had micro d. I've had 10 different diagnoses from chiros , pts, pain dr, u name I was diagnosed with it. Im thinking u need a MRI and a good neuro dr. Hope this helps
This discussion has been closed.