Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Not spine related but I just want to vent

• bpreachers:

Your post has tempted me to publicize all of my medical "issues," but then I remembered that all of us are in this (life) together and each of us must face our challenges, so I'll reframe from TMI. In summation, life is not fair.

What is important is that we take on these challenges and persevere (that's a common word in the military mantra) regardless of the situation. It may not be easy (obviously your early-in-life physical condition is out of the ordinary), but our only option is to continue to march.

FYI - I had a double inguinal repair (MIS) and it paled in comparison to my two level lumbar fusion. But, I did have complications after my radical prostectomy (cancer) when the DaVinci robot inadvertently left a plastic clip in my bladder. Other than surgical incision, there is only one way out of the bladder. Use your imagination. I was overcome with scar tissue that had to be "rotor rooted" out. Not once, but twice.

Again, life is not fair. But we must continue otherwise the species will disappear.

Jim (an older veteran who appreciates your service)
  • jennafjjennaf Posts: 42
    edited 03/01/2013 - 1:54 PM
    I don't really have any words of wisdom for you, I'm in the same boat with the just wanting to be pain free and be healthy. It seems like right when you think you're at your worst, it gets worse. But at the same time, when you think you can't deal any longer, you do. Some times all we can do is just deal with it. When I get depressed (and I do a lot) I just think about the day when I won't be in pain any more, the day I can take my shirt off without thinking I'm going to pass out. It will come, I know in my heart it will. Until then, we have each other to vent to, cry, scream and get advice.