Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Failed Pain Pump Trial!

Hi, I had a pain pump trial last week, dilaudid was in one pump and bupivacaine was in the other. After a few hours, I felt like i was so drugged that I couldn't function. That evening I had them stop the Dilaudud. I also had pains in my butt that I didn't have before the rial. I had some relief with the other drug foe the next 2 days of my trial. Now that the trial is done I have pain in my butt that I didn't have before the trial. I'm very leary to have a permenant pump installed! I think I had a failed trial! Has anyone else had problems with their pain pump trial?
Thank you for your input

• alexhurtingaalexhurting Posts: 1,991
    edited 02/20/2013 - 2:50 AM
    I had a pain pump trial but due to the spinal leak I had for the 7 days of my trial as my head was ready to explode I was just happy to finaly end the trial and blood patch to stop the leak,, That was the end of that idea,

I am not sure why you have the butt pain other then muscles might have been slightly disturbed during the trial,
    That should subside after few days, As the trial don't involve implanting the pump so should not have any butt pain from that,

What is the reason you needed the trial for ? Failed back surgery ?
    Flexicore ADR 2004 resulting nerve damage l4l5 Fusion 2006 same level, 2009 hardware removal with lami !
    2012 scs implant ,
  • I had a L/5-S/1 discectomy in 2010 and have butt & leg pain ever since. I have no disc left at that level. I have seen a few neurosurgeons and they say I'm not a candidate for a fusion. I've had multiple steroid injections and a SCS imllpanted last year and I'm still in pain! I don't noo what to do. I was hoping the Pain Pump would be the solutuon to my pain. I can't sit without having pain!
    Can anyone recommend a good PM doctor in the Philadelphia area?
  • I also had the Scs put in but not helping, Very hard for me to sit also without pain, I had l4l5 fused along with previous ADR ,
    If your l5s1 disc is gone why can't they fuse it or offer disc replacement ? If they know what the problem is they should be able to offer some fix to make it beter, Have you got more then 1 opinion from other doctors ?

Flexicore ADR 2004 resulting nerve damage l4l5 Fusion 2006 same level, 2009 hardware removal with lami !
    2012 scs implant ,
  • Yes, I've had multiple opinions, they all seemed to think that I wasn't a canidate for a fusion! I really don't want more surgery! I'm looking for pain relief!
This discussion has been closed.