Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Post Operative Hip Problems

My SI Fusion surgery was in April, 2012. I have been having severe pain in my left hip and I am getting no answers. I'm wondering if anyone else has had any trouble in the hip area post surgery?

• If I had to bet, you have developed the same thing as me, bursitis, I had a fusion in December, 2013 (L4/L5, L5/S1) and the worse pain out of all of it was my left hip. Now months prior to the surgery I had developed this in both hips but for some reason it went away before the actual surgery. When it came back after the surgery in the hospital, my doctor told me that when they remove the disc material that had been pressing on all those nerves, it makes the nerves kind of go crazy and swell and you never know what other symptoms will arise (My lower right leg is completely numb as well).
    I just went back to my pain doctor and received 2 steriod injections to try and relieve the bursitis pain, which it did, but of course now I'm feeling pain in other places. It's enough to drive a person batty! Unfortunately there isn't much you can do to help this go away. Please feel free to contact me if I can be any help!