Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

My symptoms have subsided. To cut or not to cut?

• What does your doctor say? If they have subsided I figure that's a good sign, right?
  • I had bursitis in both hips and numbness in the legs, along with a ton of other symptoms that would get better then get worse. I did end up getting the surgery, but did second guess it as well due to some symptoms going away. I'm glad I went with the surgery, as the doctor was amazed that I was able to walk, it was that bad. Now everyone is different, I researched alot on my own and it was very clear from my MRI that my issue was not going to be able to heal itself. I hope everything goes well for you and feel free to contact me with any questions.
  • PaulPPaul Posts: 730
    edited 02/23/2013 - 12:06 PM
    Because I am stupid, I have blown out my L5-S1 (4) more times after my surgery on it in 2008. Each time I was in tremendous pain, bedridden for weeks at a time, and had to "check out" of life for those times. I was 100% certain I needed costly surgery on it to repair it. But each time, the pain and problems subsided. I have held off surgery for now as I am pain-free and have no symptoms or probs.

Maybe you will get lucky and the problem goes away. !!!
    On the sunny and mild Central Coast of California

L4-L5 endoscopic transforaminal microdiscectomy June, 2007
    L5-S1 endoscopic transforaminal microdiscectomy May, 2008
  • Thanks for the reply everyone.

I can't get in to see him until a week before my surgery. I may have to push it back. I was telling another user of the site that this all started with pain over my left hip. It is undiagnosed and continues.

I'm just wondering as well as my C4-C5 are not in good shape if a surgery to stabilized C6 C7 will help. All I know is I do not want to ever go through what I did last year.

This has taken a year of my life and I work with people who are dying every day. I do not want to lose anymore time as I have had to give up promotions and activities and lost friends.

Thanks again,