Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Radiofrequency Ablation lower lumbar

I was reading all of the posts on RFA. I am now 10 days out. My RFA was L3-4, L4-5 & L5-S1. I was fine for the first 48 hrs, after that, it was downhill. The pain was indescribable from there on out and the bad thing was, it was getting worse as the days went on as apposed to getting better. My doctor up my meds to Percocet 10's every 3 hours, Flexaril, Gabapentin, Diclofennac & Soma. Believe it or not, I was still miserable! I almost went to the hospital on 2 different occasions.

Well on day 9, I had made the turn. It was still sore (in some strange places), but then noticed I was able to do things I could not do for years, prior to procedure. I was amazed! For the first time in 12 years I was able to bend down, bend over & pick things up off the floor. In the past, I would sound like someone walking on hot coals or someone with Terets syndrome. It is now day 10. I got right out of bed with NO pain in the affected area of lower back!

I just want to pass on my experience in hopes that it helps someone. You just have to get past the REALLY bad part to get to the great part. I could not be happier (now) that I had the RFA procedure. Hang in there, IT WILL GET BETTER!! I hope this last for a long time, but if it wears off, I will definatly do it again, even if I have to endure the agony post op!

Wishing everyone the best :)

• I have never had this procedure, doesn't sound fun. Thank you for posting a positive outcome. Sometimes the boards are filled with mostly bad experiences simply because we are the ones who need the most support. I'm sure its very comforting to others to hear about positive outcomes. I'm glad you are doing so well and feeling like you are getting your life back! Just don't over do it. And.... Gooooooooooo Dawgs.
    33yo mom of two. My surgical history...preadolescence scoliosis, kyphosis, and a hot mess.... 5 spine surgeries and lots of items added I wasn't born with (titanium, peek, surgical steel). Guess cremation is out. TSA loves me.
  • I had an RFA done 6 weeks ago and I burn and am sore on the side of my left leg. Also i can still feel soreness about the L4 L5 area and all around my S1 joint of my left side. Does anyone know or have an idea about when this soreness and intermittent burning sensation will slow down or better yet go away. That electrical stimulator also went down my leg, which it was not supposed to and I keep a constant charlie horse cramp about middle way of my shin. I have a friend that worked for pain management and said I could take a year to 2 years before seeing improvement. I'm so miserable, does anyone have similar situation? I hurt before I had this done, but it added more problems rather than resolve them.