Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Hello, im having a lumbar epidural steriod injections on Friday. Any advice? my ? is how soon can I walk afterwards?

• You can walk as soon as its over.... they will let you up off the table and walk you some where more comfy for "observation", then let you go home. Hope it gives you some relief! Just keep in mind it can take a few days before you get the relief, so don't get discouraged.
    33yo mom of two. My surgical history...preadolescence scoliosis, kyphosis, and a hot mess.... 5 spine surgeries and lots of items added I wasn't born with (titanium, peek, surgical steel). Guess cremation is out. TSA loves me.
  • The numbing for the epidural is AWSOME!!!
    I had very good results w/ my epidurals.
    They will make you stay still for about 5 minutes before they let you up
    or they will make you get up slowly, so you dont get dizzy. I did not get
    any of that. jumped straight up off the table. Once cause I had foot cramps so
    bad I had no choice. Other times NO problems...dont be scared it is easy easy
    Slight pinch for numbing like when you go to the dentist. then you dont feel anything
    except cold from the liquid. Ask him not to shoot it in fast, that is easier on you,
    less pressure.
    Keep us updated!! Good luck. Did they tell you, that you need a driver?
    I felt like I could drive no problem, but they wont let you.
  • I am being sedated and my husband is staying with me the whole time and taking care of me for the rest of the day. I will let you know how it goes when im up to it.
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,875
    results. Some members received a lot of relief from them, while others do not realize any benefits. ESI's are one of the top 5 topics discussed on these boards.

Spine-Health provides medical details behind spinal injections in Injections

Plus there is a separate forum container discussing ESI's That is at Spinal Injections

I have had many ESIs Some done with and without the aid of fluoroscopes and some done with and without any sedative. I have had better results when the doctor does use some form of light sedation and solicits the aid of a fluoroscope.
    The whole procedure should not take any longer than 20 minutes, then about a 15 'recovery' period before you will be released to the person who will be driving you home.

The first 24 hours you may notice some pain, hopefully within 48-72 hours you will feel some relief.

I encourage to read the formal Spine-Health articles and watch some of the videos.
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • Thanks for the info. My procedure has been rescheduled to March 8th.
  • Really dont worry yourself over it, it is a very simple proceedure. I did not have anyone look after me after I had mine done, just go home and rest thats all. I know since it is new to you you are afraid but no reason to be afraid, just like getting a shot of novacaine in your back. Just go easy if you get good results from the medication they put in you, you will feel numbed hopefully for a month or longer. So do go doin any gymnastics or anything like that! Let your hubby do the things you were not able to do before the shot, so you dont hurt yourself more. I have trouble with loading dishes into the dishwasher, if that is the case w/ you. Then ask hubby to do it for you, till you know more about how you feel.
    Read the stuff in the other post too, it will give you lots of good info. Other than dont worry
  • Thanks reese my procedure has been rescheduled til March 8th they are trying to settle some insurance issues. My ? is do insurance cover nerve blocks for back pain?
This discussion has been closed.