help. Feb 14 I met with my neuro- my second acdf has refused to fuse. (5/6 2011 5/7 2012 both with plating. second fusion with plating and tantalum cages)
Pain had been better- but is increasing again. This weekend I was at a 9 after well.. after shoveling some snow. (I get the stupid award. I know)
if you look at my profile pic- you can see that the graft material at c 5 appears to have shifted.
Im wondering if anyone else has had this happen.. and what was the treatment that worked for you.
I'm obviously having trouble fusing. taking Calcium and D, was braced after both procedures and used a bone growth stimulator.
If he has to go back in- he'll probably use BMP.
(For the record- I have a renowned neuro- it's not him.. it's me...:( )
DDD, Cervical Radiculopathy, fusion- c-5/6 failed, fusion c 5-7 failed, graft shifted, waiting for new plan