Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

my lumbar fusion is 3/6 and i am totally depressed

imagine... surgery a week away, and i'm not anxious. not nervous. but very depressed.

i don't know where this is coming from. i'm not even sure if i am scared about it. i see my shrink on friday, but don't think it will change anything. this is strange.

i should ask for help, but the apathy is profound. don't know what to do....
advertisement

Comments

• Having back pain for a long time can make you depressed.I have been depressed many times and i snap out of it.You need to talk about it.Its good your seeing your dr . stay strong and if you want to pm me im here .It will get better!!!
    Kathy B
  • i was really despondent about the pain management protocol at my neurosurgeon's office. 3 weeks on percocet and valium- then only NSAIDS.

what if i need medicine a week or two longer? i figured like 6 weeks total, then my plan is to do suboxone for a week to discontinue narcotics... IF that is appropriate.

found a pain clinic that works with opiates if your exam, documentation, films and pharmacy print out jive. pricey, but worth it, if i found i no longer had back pain between 4-7 without meds i would be thrilled! but there are no guarantees, however.

i prayed for that depression to lift, and i feel much more safe, alert and feel like i give a dam* what happens to me.
  • flowerpotsfflowerpots Posts: 379
    edited 02/28/2013 - 10:52 AM
    Pain centers are good, they know how to manage your pain and they work with you!!!!!
    Kathy B