Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Fractures in T3,4,6 stomach pain

Hi, I a new here and I have a question. 4 days ago I went sledding with my son and niece, I was flying down a hill when I hit a man made ramp I caught air, backflipped and smashed my upper back into the man made ramp. I went to the ER and was diagnosed with compresion fractures of T3, T4, and T6. 2 I got a terrile case of the stomach flu and my stomach hurts really bad. I am kinda scared to go back to the ER as I might look like a total fool, what could cause this pain its in the upper abdomen....

• What did the ER say about those fractures? They just sent you home? How are they going to resolve those? Could the "stomach flu" really be your body reacting to the broken bones? You need to for certain call a doctor first thing in the morning about these issues, or go back to the ER. Better to be a fool than a permanently damaged non fool right?
    33yo mom of two. My surgical history...preadolescence scoliosis, kyphosis, and a hot mess.... 5 spine surgeries and lots of items added I wasn't born with (titanium, peek, surgical steel). Guess cremation is out. TSA loves me.
  • Sorry about your accident and pain. I cant imagine how bad that must have hurt. I had herniation with severe stenosis at T7-8 level last yr. and pain started in back and radiated around to chest on left side. Then as herniation worsened I had horrible pain in upper left abdomen. I thought I had ruptured spleen but NS said it was from the compression to the nerve at T7-8 level that caused the abdominal pain. Not sure if you had true stomach flu symptoms like diarrhea and vomiting but I did have nausea and occasional vomiting if pain was severe enough. So strange what nerve pain can affect :( I hope you get in to see an ortho about the fractures. Please keep in touch and let us know.