Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

My First Post

lfish43llfish43 Posts: 15
edited 03/06/2013 - 9:41 PM in New Member Introductions
Hi Everyone.

I am 43 year old male, and am diagnosed with spondlylolisthesis, stenosis, ddd, and had a spinal fusion with screws and rods L4-S1. I had surgery in Nov of 2004, and had a post-operative Pulmonary Embolism 10 days after surgery. I began having complications immediately, and have been through it all. Shots, PT, Epidural, Heavy Meds, etc. In January of 2012 I had a permanent SCS put in - and did help alot. within 5 months I had reduced narcotics by 75% - was much more active, and had hope for a normal life again.
Then in Aug of 2012 I slipped and fell in the shower, I hit the battery of the SCS, damaging the battery, and moving it across my back. I also had "lead migration of 3mm. Needless to say, I had to have the unit replaced. I had the replacement surgery in late Aug 2012. By the first part of Sept, I became sick. The pain was the worst I had ever felt, and returned to my doctor insisting that it was infected. The doctor reassured me I was fine - 12 hours later my incision split open and the battery was being pushed out. I went to ER, and yes - it was infected with staph. The unit had to be removed - and I went back on heavy meds and found a new doctor. (surgeon, pain doc, and primary). I had another mylogram in January, and was given two options: raise my fusion 2 levels, or have the SCS put back in with lamonectomy and paddle leads.
Well, I can tell you I cant go on taking these heavy meds:

Opana - 90 mg/daily
Diluaded: up to 16mg.day (4mgup tp 4)
Lyrica - 200mg/day.

I have opted to have the SCS put back in. As a matter of fact I will be on my way to the hospital in a few hours.
I have decided that I am going to keep a video journal on youtube of my recovery, - maybe it will help somebody.

Here is my first entry.:


More soon, - off to hospital (March 4th 10:45AM) Surgery @ 1PM
Larry Fish
Larry F


Sign In or Register to comment.