Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Hello everyone.....

roboman01rroboman01 Posts: 1
edited 03/06/2013 - 1:54 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
I was doing a little research and found this site. I figure I would go ahead and register on here and give some information for some people.

I am a disabled veteran and currently medically retired due to Cervical DDD, Thoracic Spondylosis and Lumbosacral joint disc disease. All of this was caused by a accident I had whenever I was in the military whenever I exited a helicopter. Anyway I deal with three of these issues everyday and have lived in muscle pain from the day of the accident in 1994 up to January 2010. It was here were the constant muscle spasms in my neck progressed into Cervical DDD. What causes this a lot of you may ask? Well I paid a private neuro-radiologist in Maryland a few thousands dollars to get answers because I couldn't get them from anybody else. XXX One reason is the spinal joints that are not shown on the MRI. This is where most people's issues actually happen. It begins with muscles that rip from the spine joints, from there the muscles will not heal correctly. This causes the joints to become loose and causes the verebra(s) to become loose and they eventually rip away from the disc or causes a type of roll affect on the disc, Example of this is to get a balloon and put you hand on top of it. Now move your hand back and forth. Its the same affect that your spine does. As in my case what makes things worse is standing or sitting because of he gravitational pull on the spine. Of course whenever it gets hot and humid outside it gets worse. Whenever its real cold outside it feels better. It know its odd but this is what happens in my case.

I have all the arm pains that come with it, I have the toes and feet pains and I also have petoral muscle spasms in my chest. This one is the one that gets me because whenever the muscle tightens up it feels like a heart attack. This is turn causes a lot of Anxiety which then causes my blood pressure to go up. Whenever it appears I just put ice on my neck to bring down the inflammation. Its takes about two days to recover from this. This is the worst part of the Cervical DDD and if you haven't gotten this far then you don't want to get here. They won't do surgery unless your spinal cord in impinged, why I don't know.

XXX in the spine because the nerves that are in the spine controls everything in the body. Whenever one nerve is pinched your brain will try to send signals through another nerve and sometimes it causes pain because you brain is not receiving the signal back.

Just one last note, ice is your friend and will give you about a 15 minute relief, its better than no relief. I don't take narcotics but I do take Tramadol and Gabapentin for the nerve pain. They help just enough most of the time but other times they don't do nothing. The toe pain is something that I can't get a handle on and I have lack of sleep a lot. This is one of those things the doctors just don't understand how to control.

Surgery is their only solution but surgery is only a 50-50 chance of correcting it.

BTW I had an MRI showing C2-3 foraminal stenosis which is the cause of my headaches, C5-6 foraminal stenosis and C6-7 foraminal stenosis. The VA says its just mild, yea right!!!!!

Post edited to remove inappropriate wording that was a direct violation of forum rules - member needs to review FAQ and Forum Rules