Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

2nd Epidural shot not working

Following up to a past post. I just received my second epidural injection which on this third day after the injection I feel no relief. My Dr. iterated that if this injection does not work then we should look upon another method of correction for L5/S1 herniation causing sciatica to the left leg. I asked if this next step would involve surgery (which I am against but will resort to if all else fails) and she said that she didn't know if I qualified for surgery yet. Is there an in-between when it comes to herniations? I thought I exhausted every avenue, P/T, injection and next surgery? In any case, I have an appointment with my spine Dr. in two weeks but I was curious what other alternatives are there? Suggestions are heavily welcomed.....
Santiago Cortes Jr.

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,846
    edited 03/06/2013 - 4:06 AM
    Over the years, I have had some ESI's that didn't help at all and those that gave me enough relief to calm things down for a while.

For the most part, ESI's are temporary fixes. But, yes, there are those that after the ESI's they get enough relief that they can almost be pain free or at least manageable without further treatments.

Spinal Injections (and there are many other besides the ESI's) are just one conservative treatment in the arsenal of medical doctors. Many of these treatments may need to be repeated two, three or four times. You never want to give up trying these treatments. And when everything else fails and I mean everything, perhaps the need for more aggressive treatment such as surgery is in order.

Here are just some of the conservative

treatments: Conserative Treatments

Take a look at some of this equipment Conservative Treatment Equipment

Also keep in mind, alternative treatments. Manytimes its when East meets West. Here are just a few that Spine-Health identifies: Alternative Treatment

You should discuss all of this plus more with your doctor.

Please do keep in mind, that here we can only offer suggestions based on personal experiences or information shared with another member. Every person is an individual and as such each situation is different. The only formal access for details is through your doctor.
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • I thank you for responding....Sometimes it feels like Im at the end of my wits. When my spine Dr. suggested the epidural in conjunction with P/T I assumed that things would be more positive. It seems clear that I still have a tough road but I hope to see the light soon. I will certainly look at all the suggestions made. Much Thanks
    Santiago Cortes Jr.
This discussion has been closed.