Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

help me finish my pain poem!

Morning everyone! I am having trouble finding a suitable ending to my poem for pain.
Who can help me?!

---------------------------Pain, I want a divorce!-----------------------------------
Pain you cling me
like a needy spouse
shotgun wedding
after never dating
I want you out of my house!

Pain you are the worst of lovers.
you don't know how to rub my back
and you steal the covers

you wake me up every single night
For 792 days straight
man it just ain't right.

Can't you not tell i'm not in the mood?
I don't want your kind of back rub
won't you just get lost dude?

Pain you are one needy bastard
demanding all sorts of things
and never bringing me flowers

If you and are are to make this marriage work
You'll need to learn how to rub my back
not make it hurt

Before you come home
first give me a warning
try to speak softly
especially in the morning

Pain I can be as tenacious as you
when you wake me up screaming
I'll get back at you!

• Dear my lord that ain't right,
    I stick with you through thick and thin,
    Ain't that right ?
    Our love ,is simply so special and true,
    So get a grip , I am hooked on you !

Shot gun wedding oh please no excuses,
    If you kept your fly closed there would of never been a wedding,

You know we can make this right,
    Just have faith ,
    I will treat you right ,

No more pain no more sorrow,
    Just you and me and days to follow,

That's all I got for now which might be way off from what you were looking for , I interpret poem kind of like song lyrics,

Flexicore ADR 2004 resulting nerve damage l4l5 Fusion 2006 same level, 2009 hardware removal with lami !
    2012 scs implant ,
  • Thank you Alexhurtin!
    YES! Let's write songs about this unpleasant visitor, harbinger, this haranguing villainous uninvited guest in our lives! i have got to do something with this criminal who took me down. I woke up again- no shock here- with ridiculous pain and I really just needed to find some way to deal with it where i didn't feel weak. I lose respect for myself when i just sit down and start cryin' and wimpering. The truth is- this pain- well- it certainly carries with it some kind of energy which i may as well try to see if i can use- rather than feeling like i am being abused!
    SO why NOT write a poem/ song and introduce some joy into the situation. Maybe some laughter.
    Then- hopefully when i can get my right arm working again (thanks nerve damage for taking that away from me really appreciate) then i might be able to provide accompaniment on the guitar...
    Thank you for helping me! Alex I be you have some good material to use! Have you made any songs out of this?

• I totaly understand reason for your writing,

Pain can due a number on us and yep take us deep in our soul and finding a way to vent it either poem or song lyrics ,music , which ever helps to deal with it is always good ! I am not much of a writer , I do play the guitar and been tinkering of course writing music due to having so much down time with failed back surgery and nerve issues here as well,

You do what you have to do to be able to deal with a bad situation , Dealing with pain can bring creativity out of a person which a person never thought they had, Life up and downs geting by finding joy out of something so simple adjusting to this new life no mater how hard it may be like a bad country song ,

You will see many others as well on posts here everyone deals with this differently and there is no right way or wrong way to deal ! Ok I take that back. Not finding anything positive is not a good way of dealing with it,

Flexicore ADR 2004 resulting nerve damage l4l5 Fusion 2006 same level, 2009 hardware removal with lami !
    2012 scs implant ,
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,841
    When we are in constant pain, we need to find an outlet to channel that pain. Its very refreshing to find people that what to do that instead of just thinking of medications as the only route.

One of our long time valuable members, Ranchhand posts contain deep and meaningful poems, words, lyrics, just something to make you stop and think awhile. One of his posts http://www.spine-health.com/forum/pain/chronic-pain/triad hit home to many people.

Continue to write, continue to post things like this here. Not only have you find a release mechanism for yourself, you will see you have found a way for others to read, think about and touch their souls.

Everyone should find an outlet, whatever it may be. For me, its being on this site and trying to answer as many posts as I can. I know I have touched many, I also know I've angered many others. I only try to talk about reality and for me, that has been my pain outlet.

Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
This discussion has been closed.