Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

New member need advice! Post Op micro D l5 s1 24 hours

Thraham94TThraham94 Posts: 5
edited 03/09/2013 - 6:21 PM in New Member Introductions
Hello everyone my name is Tom I'm a 18 year old kid from Staten Island. My whole life I was very active including wrestling in hs, body building, basketball and all sports pretty much. About 8 months ago I started getting pain radiating down my right leg. I told my father about it and him being experienced in back problems he told me it was probably a bulge and to stretch it out so it goes away.. Well months of trying it only got worse and continued doing me. In aug of 2012 I got a MRI showing a large extrusion in the l5 s1 level. Tried PT and chiropractor and it did nothing.. My mom called a excellent rated surgeon in the Bronx who's preformed over 1400 successful back surgeries his name is DR. XXXXX and I completley recommend him ! I went to see him last week to schedule surgery and it was scheduled for 3/7/12.. I'm about 24 hours post op and I feel AMAZING.. For the last 2 months I could not walk or anything I was glued to my bed. This man gave me my life back I have zero sciatica just reg pain from the incision which is normal in a microD. I'm writing this because I've read four a for the past 8 months and all I see I'd people sharing terrible stories which will make people not wanna get this surgery and have there lives back which is total bull**** . The surgery went amazing and changed my life!!!! So happy. Now my questions are is there anyone out there with a similar experience to me ? Any suggestions for recovering the best way possible ? Thank you all for reading this and I really wish everyone luck with these back problems be sues they are NO JOKE ! Thank you - Tommy

Post edited, Forum violation - The naming of a specific doctor. Please read FORUM RULES to avoid other violations

• You are only out of surgery 24hr and you had micro surgery.Everyones surgery is different.Im having ALIFL4L5S1 LUMBAR SURGERY on wed the 13th of march. He is cutting me in belly than in back .I know it is going to be very painfull and a long recovery, but hopefully i will have my life back.Happy your doing well and hope it continues.Also you are a young healthy boy.much luck and welcome to our site.Kathy
    Kathy B