Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

What should I do?

I had a plif in 2/2012 and 6/2012. The first one is fused and second is starting to fuse. However I tripped and fell on Friday. I am not hurting anymore than usual, but I keep getting this feeling like I am being pinched on the inside. Its more of a electrical type feeling than a muscular type pain. I need some advice, should I wait till Monday and call the NS or should I go the ER? Any input is appreciated.

Discectomies 05/08 and 04/11, fusions L4-5 Feb 9,2012 and L3-L4 June 28,2012, Staph infection washout 3/2/2012, Bulged L5-S1. SCS trial on January 17th, 2014, which was a success! Permanent SCS on February 20th.


  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,832
    That might depend on your own emotional handling of this. Since this just happened yesterday, if it was me, I would wait a couple of days before calling the doctor or considering going to the ER.

    But then again, I've had so many surgeries and flare ups over the years, I pretty much know when its just a flare up or something more serious. Even then, I wait at least 5 days to see whats happening, As long as it doesnt get worse, then
    I will continue to hold off.

    As I started this, without knowing you and how you act,react and deal with situations, having a peace of mind might be
    something good for you

    I wish I could give you a concrete answer, but there really arent any
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
This discussion has been closed.
Sign In or Register to comment.