Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Suggestion,Lets talk about shoulders also

I make a suggestion that we include the shoulder and bones,tendons,muscles of the arm in our allowed body parts open for discussion.I am finding that issues with my shoulder contributed (and affected the diagnosis) of my neck

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,839
    Can you please tell us all what your objective is on this site?
    I've read your posts and it seems that you are gathering bits and pieces to pull something together. I just wasnt sure.

But tonight post did sum it up. We are not here to add to your personal medical information. If that was so, you would have realized that through the search facility you would have found information.

If in fact you are just trying to get to some answers, I would suggest wording your post a bit differently

There are always connections between body areas and pain
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • Hello dilauro,My objectives are pretty much the same as anyone elses.First to help others that are going through "repairs" to their body as I am.I have been a chronic back pain patient,well I had my first surgery on my back about 25 years ago.I have been a chronic pain patient for a bit over 4 years.I have had lower back fusions,anterior and posterior cervical fusions,I am dealing with infections from sugery and dealing with Medicare,Doctors,Hospitals for quite sme time now.I believed my experiences could help others that are wondering what to expect.I noticed that I could not find anyone that is having neck trouble and shoulder trouble at the same time.As I sit here in the hospital getting treated for my osteomyelitis a lot of questions come up and I seek others experiences with the situations I face.I get the impession that you think it is impossible for a person to be facing so many issues like I am,sadly all I have related is true.I have worked at a mens facility for drug and alcohol abuse and I have seen what does and what does not work,and the things people that are sucessful do.I am entering my 8th week in this skilled nursing facility and I have only had 2 visitors,I can leave only for some specific Doctor appointments,talking to others even through the internet helped me deal with my circumstance.I recieved my shoulder MRI report and I had absouletly no clue as to what the report was saying,only that it was long.The Doctor visit that will explain the report has been move up to tomorrow,I will let you know what my Doctor says about any connection i am having with my neck and shoulder.I have a great amount of swelling on the right side of my neck (same side my bum shoulder is on) perhaps the two are related but no one has been able to explain my neck swelling except to say it is "muscular" in nature.
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,839
    And please do not think I or many others have not or are not in the same boat as you, facing many different serious problems at the same time.

It was your last post that made me think about what you were doing. Especially since the topic you were requesting has been discussed in various different forums. Search is a powerful tool.
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • Just what did you think I was doing Mr Moderator?