Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Myofacial Pain Syndrome??

Hello I'm fairly new here and would appreciate any advice you could share. I've been a nail tech for 20 yrs and I've always had times where I get muscle soreness but a massage always helped in the past. I started having increased pain about a year ago and I finally went to my Dr and she gave me Robaxin and Vicodin. I'm still in pain the muscle relaxer helps but when it's really bad nothing really helps but to just do nothing for a few days. I am FULL of knots and having a massage helps but as soon as I resume working I'm right back to where I was with the pain. There are days I wake up and my hip muscles hurt so bad I can hardly walk. Ive had to limit the activities I do because it doesn't take much at all to set this off. I've noticed that if I have a few extra days off from work I start feeling better and don't need to take pain meds on some days. I only allow myself a half a Vicodin at a time mainly because I hate the way it makes me feel and also I'm scared to death I'll end up addicted. Do I have to quit working all together to have a normal pain free life? I'm scared to tell my husband that...I'm not sure how he'd feel about me not working. He is pretty understanding when I'm not feeling well but I can't go to work come home in pain every day and keep on top of all of the household things too. I've been going through an extreme amount of stress this past year and I'm wondering if my pain might ease up once this situation passes. Please give some insight on what I should do here...thanks! :)

• With the type of all over pain you have, had you thought about going to a rheumatologist? A rheumatologist may be able to give you something to prevent or lessen the pain flare ups.
    4 level ACDF C4-C7 5-2-11, laminectomy & discectomy L4-L5 1/26/12, ALIF L4-5, L5-S1 12/10/12.
  • My husband put me on his insurance in January and my doctor was ready to set me up for an MRI or whatever I needed but because I had gone to her with pain before I got insurance they are refusing to do any type of tests or even pay for a doctor visit if it has anything to do with pain.....I had a massage on Thursday and have been taking naproxen, robaxin, and half of a Vicodin around the clock and I'm still in pain...I'm so frustrated!!! I'm sick of spending all of my days off laying around trying to get my muscles to relax. I'm too young for this!
  • I'm finally feeling better my mother gave me some Lidoderm patches and they are working great! I also had a dexpak that I started on and it really seems to be helping too! I've been on the patches and dexpak for 2 days and don't seem to have my usual achiness I usually have when I wake up! I see my doctor on Thursday and I'll see if she will prescribe the patches...I seem to get more relief from those than Vicodin and muscle relaxers :) thank God I hate having to take meds!
  • hi mwylie! oh boy ...i was told in 2000 i had fibromyalgia and in 2012 a rheumatologist told me i had myofascitis . however, now i have fasciculations and right leg weakness and right foot drag and am walking with a walker...i do not want to settle for this diagnosis.
    muscle cramps in my right calf and right butt are severe. did you ever take ametrypaline or gabapentin for pain?
This discussion has been closed.